Diamond Fire & Electrical
We take health and safety very seriously indeed, and all of our team are licensed and certified for the electrical services that we provide. We have established a solid reputation for outstanding work and top quality products that are supplied at the best value for money prices in the Sydney.
Call David on 0400 293 464 or Anthony on 0406 641 747 Electrical:
- Residential, Commercial, Industrial. We have a solution to all your electrical needs.
- Appliance Testing & Tagging
- Switchboard Upgrades & Installation
- Emergency & Exit Lights
- Thermal Imaging
- Mains Upgrades
- Underground Pipe and Cable Detection & Location
- Underground Cable & Fault Finding
- Data Logging
- Preventative Maintenance
- Pits & Trenches
- Refits & Renovations
- Fire Systems & Testing: Using latest mobility device technology we can provide on call 24/7, our service technicians test, service and maintain your equipment to help ensure it complies with regulations including Australian Standard AS1851. Our expertise and services extend across a range of fire suppression systems and interventions including;
- Risk analysis – survey sites and make recommendations
- Suppression system servicing, maintenance, compliance.
- Maintenance: Power Distribution Lighting Systems
- Energy Management Systems
- Emergency Power & UPS Systems Site
- Parking Lot Lighting
- Security Lighting
- Lighting Control Systems
- Electrical Safety Inspections
- Power Additions
- Maintenance Contracts
- Electrical Drawing & Plans
- Review Power Quality Monitoring
- Electrical Troubleshooting
24 Hour Emergency ServicesRoutine maintenance work is extremely important and can reduce the risk of the unexpected. But when the unexpected does happen, you can rest assured that the friendly team at Diamond Fire & Electrical Team will be there for you
Fire Systems & Testing
Here at Diamond Fire & Electrical we are about delivering a great experience to customers that achieves great results and a happy customer. We have the reputation for the supply of expert services to our clients all across the Sydney & Western Sydney Areas.
Call us today on 0400 293 464 or 0406 641 747 today for more information on our electrical services.
Concrete and how to get it right as a flooring choice - Undercover Architect Podcast
Diagrind ® was recently interview by the Undercover Architect. This was a great way to help answer all the questions that people often have when it comes to polished concrete.
What is DM Terrazzo?
DM Terrazzo is Design Manipulated Terrazzo. DM Terrazzo gives the architect the opportunity to encompass the style of the floor into their vision for the build and the designer the freedom to create a colour palette that is outside the box. Neither are limited to standard colours and ideas. At DM Terrazzo we will work with you to design a solution whether it is floors or fixtures to compliment your vision.
DM Terrazzo is more inline with traditional Terrazzo floors which have been around for hundreds of years. DM Terrazzo is a problem solver and a creative magic wand. A thin layer of DM Terrazzo can be poured on new or existing concrete, transforming it into a new floor. Existing concrete slabs often have imperfections – VCT tile lines, various patching materials from carpet tack strips, trenching, framing braces. This so-called character may be OK with some customers, but not the customer who wants uniformity. Many customers are wanting polished concrete without all the flaws showing up in the finished floor.
DM Terrazzo uses Rapid Set® TRU® is an advanced, professional grade, hydraulic cement-based, architectural topping and resurfacer as its base product. Rapid Set® cement is rapid-hardening calcium sulfoaluminate (CSA) cement, not a portland cement. Rapidset TruTM rapidly levels, maintains workability for 20 minutes, is ready for foot traffic in 2 to 3 hours, produces a smooth, strong surface, has high-bond strength, and ready for coatings in 12 hours and polishing within 24 hours. Integral colours are sourced to colour projects and only the finest aggregates are chosen to complete DM Terrazzo projects. Made from natural materials tonal variation can be expected.
In terms of decorative options, existing concrete slabs are limited to topical color systems. Where as DM Terrazzo can be integrally colored – even multicolored to create designs – dyed and stenciled to create art or graphics and then polished to a high gloss. DM Terrazzo offers an easy solution to make the floor designable, for both decorative and functional effects. It has a unique visual character that can be creatively enhanced in a variety of ways, and it can be gorgeous.
Why DIY isn't always better or cheaper
There are times that DIY is the best and the cheapest option and then there are times that it is not. When paying for a professional to do the work you aren't just paying for the hours that they are working for you. What you are paying for is they years of experience and knowledge.
There are many factors to consider when starting a DIY Project. Below i have listed some to consider before starting your DIY Journey.
Having the right setup is critical
- Firstly it allows you to get the job done in a reasonable period of time
- No one wants a project to drag on and on especially floors as they can be so disruptive.
- Secondly, safety: having a good dust management procedures in place you are not only keeping yourself and staff safe but also protecting the public from unnecessary dust exposure. Dust management also keeps the site clean and a clean site allows everyone to work seamlessly around each other.
- Thirdly a great team. Having a great setup allows the team to work efficiently around each other even in a tight space. This work was completed between 10pm and 5am (when it was freezing). Working during these hours and these temps can be a recipe for disaster. However we had the right crew with the right setup and the work was performed to perfection. (also having a generator on the truck allows us to have three phase power wherever we need it).
Site Setup Example 1: